My name is Nina Bohm ADip CBM MISAP. I am a qualified canine behaviour counsellor and a member of the international society of animal professionals. I have over fourteen years’ experience in training dogs, and I have been competing in agility for over twelve years.
I believe in only using kind methods of reinforcement for training dogs, and have always had great results from training this way. Dogs that are trained in this method are always happy and willing to work for their owners! I also like to take a holistic approach to managing behaviour issues.
I currently have five dogs of my own.
Frazzle is a twelve year old terrier cross. I got him hoping to do agility with him when he was a year old. Unfortunately due to a bad start in life he has suffered many health issues and had to retire at a young age. He has been very challenging with many behaviour issues.
Digger is around seven years old. He is my husband’s agility dog. He is a terrier cross and was about six months old when we got him. He was about to be put to sleep as he was one of many dogs in Ireland that needed rehoming. He has competed at agility at Crufts in the novice cup. He competes at championship level in agility.
Shannon is around seven years old too. She is a working sheepdog. We rescued her from Ireland when she was over a year old. She is currently grade 6 at agility and proving to be a wonderful agility dog. She has very strong herding and chasing instincts which have been a challenge to work with.
Cloud is two years old and she is a collie crossed with a springer spaniel! Cloud's mum was a Many Tears rescue from Ireland, She had her puppies in foster care in England. Cloud is a very nervous dog with many issues. She is training to compete at agility but I’m taking my time with her to help build her confidence gradually.
Bethany is our newest addition. She is only three months old. She is a border collie from working lines. My husband will be training her to do agility.
Gone but never forgotten are Spikey and Lilo our first terrier crosses.
Information I collect and how I store it.
To use my services, you must provide me with certain information such as your name, email address, postal address and the details of the service that you need form me. You may also choose to provide me with additional information in regards to the performance of my business.
All electronic personal information is stored on a password protected computer.
All hard copy personal information is stored in a locked file which only I have access to.
All files are kept in a secure location, i.e. my home.
The legal bases I rely on to collect, use, and share personal information.
Why I need your information and how I use it.
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use and share information, including;
· As needed to provide my services, such as when I uses your information to provide the required service.
· As necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as providing and improving my services. I uses your information to provide the services you requested and in my legitimate interest to improve my services.
Third parties with whom I share personal information
Information sharing and disclosure.
Information about my customers is important to my business. Occasionally I engage certain trusted third parties such as an alternative trainer to perform functions and provide services for the business. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform the services.
The length of time I keep personal information.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below;
· Access-You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
· Change, restrict, delete- You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like when I am required to store your data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information on request.
· Object-You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if is needed for legal reasons.
· Complain- If you reside in the EU and wish to raise concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
Different types of cookies?
● Functional cookies
These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. For example, these cookies are set when you submit a form, login or interact with the site by doing something that goes beyond clicking on simple links.
● Session cookies
We use these to keep track of your movement from page to page, so you don’t get asked for the same information that you have already given to our site and are automatically deleted from your computer when you leave our website or shortly afterwards.
● Analytical/performance cookies
They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. These cookies do not personally identify any individual user. These are usually third-party cookies, which we use to deliver a better user experience.
● Other cookies
The cookies on our website are as follows:
Do I have to consent to cookies?
For information on how to do this, and about cookies in general, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Links to other websites
How to contact me.
For purposes of EU data protection law, I Nina Bohm, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at email@example.com